Documentation for Ghini 1.0¶
Ghini is a suite of applications for managing botanical specimen collections.
- ghini.desktop lets you create and query a database representing objects and events in your plant collection.
- ghini.web publishes highlights from your database on the web.
- ghini.pocket puts a snapshot of your database in your handheld device.
- ghini.tour assists garden visitors with a map and spoken virtual panels.
The bulk of this documentation focuses on ghini.desktop. One final chapter presents the rest of the Ghini family: ghini.pocket, ghini.web, ghini.tour, and the data streams between software components.
- Initial Configuration
- Searching in Ghini
- Editing and Inserting Data
- Dealing with Propagations
- Generating reports
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Managing Users
- Developer’s Manual
- Helping Ghini development
- Software source, versions, branches
- Development Workflow
- Updating the set of translatable strings
- Producing the docs locally
- Which way do the translated strings reach our users?
- Adding missing unit tests
- Structure of user interface
- Extending Ghini with Plugins
- Plugins structure
- bug solving workflow
- Distributing ghini.desktop
- Template Letters
If you’re using Ghini, or if you feel like helping its development anyway, please consider donating.